Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Making Presents

I just finished painting my mom's birthday gift, and it made me think of how much fun it is to make gifts for the holiday and to think of the colors, piece, and design that my friends and family will love.  I have a friend who request a different mug every year, and she says she only uses the homemade mugs that I give her.  That makes me feel great when I sit down and paint and think about what will make the perfect gift.  I know that in two short months Christmas will be here (can you believe that, time is going so fast) and that I will have lots of gifts to make in the meantime.  I love to hear about how great the gift was that you made here at The Studio at Fulton.  It brings a smile to my face when I hear that grandma loved the teapot, or the handprint plate was the perfect gift for our aunt.  So I'm going to be ready for the season of giving this year by making it the season of crafting.  I can't wait to see the gifts that everyone else makes too!  Not to worry, I won't post pictures of any gifts until after the holidays, I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises.

No comments: