Monday, October 4, 2010

Happy October




A platter that makes me think of Fall, thanks CCSA
I love fall! The leaves changing color, the cooler weather, the marshmallows roasting on an open fire.  And for me the fall always means celebrating!  Both of my parents birthdays and mine are in the fall.  This past weekend was my dad's and we celebrated with dinner out and staying in to watch a movie.  And next weekend is my mom's and I'm busy making her gift this week, so that I can get it ready in time (I will post pictures after I give it to her, no hints mama).  And then in a little over a month it will be my birthday!  I love the excitement that birthdays brings, from the presents to the cake, to the very special phone calls from friends and family all over the world.  I love watching how others celebrate too, and picking up new traditions because I see something that I like.  My best friend always makes us tell her our favorite memory of her from the past year, I'm going to steal that one this year.  What about you, what makes your birthday special (I would love to hear even more fun traditions!)  Don't get me wrong, there is a lot I like about Autumn, but I know that the excuse of getting together with friends & family makes it my absolute favorite season!  Hope to see you this Fall!

No comments: