Monday, September 20, 2010

Daddy Dates


My sister & My dad
Painted today on daddy & daughter date
My dad is the greatest!  He is the one I call when my car breaks down, or I have a handyman question, or I need some help painting a wall.  A lot of my childhood memories involve my dad as well, he told the best bed time stories and played games with us, without letting us win (building a major competitive spirit in all of us.)  He coached our softball games, and helped us with our homework.  One of my favorite memories of my dad is when he would take us out individually on daddy & daughter dates.  We had so much fun from flying a kite in the park, going out for ice cream or doing a craft project with us.  I was reminded of those fun dates today as a dad and his little girl came in to paint today and had the best time being together.  Though the pottery painted turned out beautiful, I'm sure the memory of spending the day together will be a treasure for both dad and the little girl for years to come.  Here's to more daddy & daughter dates!

No comments: